Creating an Account and getting started:
Creating an account is easy. Just click on the “Sign Up” link and enter the information. You can also sign in using your Google Account if you use GMail, Google Calendar, or any other Google services.
Note: You’ll still have to register a YouTube username and password even if you link with your Google Account.
Uploading the Video Using YouTube’s Web Uploader:
Once you are done creating the account and personalizing it (if you wish), Click on “Upload” near the top of the page to upload a video.
– Enter in a Title and Description.
– Give it a category such as Comedy, Education, Music or Sports.
– Enter in keywords about the video to benefit searching.
Note: This is important if you want your video to become popular so choose accurate and popular keywords.
– You now have two options. Upload a pre-made video or use Quick Capture.
– If you chose to Upload a video, click Browse and find the video file to upload.
– If you chose Quick Capture, YouTube will attempt to capture from a video source.
Note: This source can be a web cam, camcorder playing back video or any other video source OS X can understand.
Some Questions Answered:
1. You can not upload a video longer than 10 minutes. YouTube doesn’t allow this.
2. You can not upload a video larger than 100MB without the Uploader utility.
3. If you want to upload more than one video at a time, you need the Uploader utility.
4. The Uploader utility is Windows only.
5. YouTube will accept videos in common formats such as .WMV, .MOV, .MPG and .AVI.
6. YouTube recommends MPEG4 Format using .Mp3 Audio and 640×480 resolution.
7. Your video could take up to an hour to upload depending on size and connection speed.