Situation 4: DJ Style mixes – Songs that flow seamlessly from one into the other.
With a DJ Style mix, there may or may not be an abrupt beginning or end to the song. You will have to choose where you want the song to begin and end. This will take careful listening, selecting and zooming. The easiest way to get the hang of this is to look for the beats of the song. They are easy to spot because the bass and snare drum generate peaks.
– Find the beginning of the first song. (Situation one)
– Clear everything before that and Save.
– Find the beat right before the next song begins.
– Zoom in right to the beginning of the beat and select everything to the left.
– This is just like Situation one, except we are going to Cut instead of Delete.
– Create a new file.
– Paste into the new file.
– Save the new file.
– Go back to the other file and look for the starting point for the next song.
Note: We used Cut to clear out the first song. This leaves us with the exact point for song two to start on. In order for us to transition seamlessly from song to song, this start point should not be touched. You will only be dealing with the end point from song two until the end.
-Repeat until the process is complete and the last song is the last remaining.
-Clear any unwanted silence from the last song’s end.
-Save the last song
Quick Tip: To create a CD which flows from song to song seamlessly, you must use “Disk at once” burning and change the 2 second gaps between the songs to 0 seconds. The first song will need the 2 second gap left in place but it won’t affect anything.